Is Your Professional SEO Provider Helping You or Not?
Managing your website on your own is not smart when you lack experience in this field and you are not familiar with search engine optimization. To have a favorable ranking and to sustain it it is best to resort to professional SEO. This can make a huge difference when it comes to the visibility of your website and hiring an SEO agency is the smartest thing you can do to promote your business in the digital landscape. Search engine optimization is here to stay as people perform all sorts of searches from multiple devices on a daily basis. Internet users search for products, services and information and you should help them find your website. You can do that by investing in the optimization of your website on a regular basis.
Websites that are not properly optimized do not generate much traffic. These websites are not found by users not by search engines and they fail to serve their purpose. If you have doubts as to whether professional SEO is right for you or not you might want to consider the following aspects:
• Search engine optimization is complicated, it covers various aspects and skilled optimizers have to deal with technical aspects of your website, content optimization, user experience backlinking, local optimization and others.
• Rules change all the time in the SEO realm and professionals have to keep up with algorithm changes that impact all websites. There are also changes that most people are not aware of for they lack the time and the means to identify and optimize for all the changes made by Google. When you opt for professional SEO you no longer have to worry about any of these aspects. Others will monitor algorithm changes for you and optimize your website accordingly.
• Search engine optimization mistakes are dangerous and the last thing you want is to have your website penalized because of black hat techniques such as artificial backlinks, stuffing keywords, duplicating content.
• A reliable SEO agency has all the necessary tools that are required to manage an optimization campaign in an efficient manner. Using premium tools will make a difference for keyword relevance, search volume and others.
• Professional services provide robust analytics; there are key performance indicators that help experts come up with a suitable strategy to improve the customer journey on your website.
• Experts will monitor your competition, identifying the best strategies to set you apart from them.
• Search engine optimization provides great return on investment. These services are reasonably priced and they pay off in the long run.
As you can see, it makes sense to hire a professional SEO to help you with digital marketing and search engine optimization. Should you decide to do that, the results will not cease to appear.
Nowadays more and more businesses choose to outsource the optimization of their websites. This is because they understand how important this is for their business. Nonetheless, if you are determined to hire an SEO agency, you should know that working with your agency can hurt your website. How can you prevent that? You might want to consider the following aspects:
• Stay away from an agency that has nothing to show you; reliable service providers should be able to show you examples of their previous work. Also, although you cannot expect a rise in rankings within the first months, your agency should be able to show you what it has been doing so far. In the first few months of collaborating with a new agency you should have an audit of your website, an analysis of your link profile, optimized content and articles with links to your site.
• A reliable SEO agency will need admin access to CMS, access to Google Analytics, to your social accounts and to past audits should that be necessary. Professionals that do not ask for such information are probably not doing much for your website and there is no point in continuing your collaboration.
• The service provider you have hired has no relevant improvement suggestions. This cannot happen for there are always things to be improved as far as websites are concerned. If they cannot offer you a straight answer do not hesitate to fire them.
• Your website receives a manual penalty shortly after you have hired an agency to help you. This is another bad sign that should show you there is something wrong.
• Your website witnesses a drop in rankings and in traffic.
• You rank for the bad wrong keywords, keywords that are not relevant for your business.
These are all signs that your search engine optimizer is not doing what you are paying him to do and that he is damaging your website instead of helping it. It is in your best interest to avoid such an unpleasant situation for it is quite difficult to recover after your website has been penalized.
This does not mean that SEO agencies are all the same and you cannot rely on them to help your rank better and drive more traffic to your website. A reliable SEO agency has deliverables, that is something to show you such as new content for your website, an audit and action points that are recommended, a report where it details what it has done so far and the results it generated. This is enough to see that the professionals you have hired are actually doing something for your website.
Moving on, professional SEO service providers should be able to make recommendations for improvements. They might recommend you to start a blog, to optimize all the content on your website, to launch a content marketing plan and so on. You should listen to them for they know what they are doing and they want to obtain the best results. When your website ranks for the keywords you have targeted, you have a consistent ranking and you have made it on the first page of Google it is clear that your agency knows what it is doing and it is a keeper.
The fact of the matter is that outsourcing SEO is not easy, but if you want to make the most of it you should be patient, you should be willing to work with your service provider, educate yourself as far as search engine optimization is concerned so that you can monitor it and know what to expect. This is important for a beneficial collaboration and it will help you accomplish your objectives. As it is mentioned in an interesting article in Search Engine Journal , “Being highly visible as a trusted resource by Google and other search engines is always going to work in a brand’s favor. Quality SEO and a high-quality website takes brands there”.
This means that you need professional SEO to build trust and credibility in the digital landscape. Establishing authority for a website takes time and it requires quality backlink profiles, positive user behavior, proper optimization. Thanks to proper search engine optimization practices you will be able to deliver a better user experience. What most people fail to understand is that user experience will impact their ranking and a positive user experience is a must to the success of your website.
Moving on, local optimization performed by the right SEO agency results in increased engagement, traffic and conversions. This is the whole point of investing in search engine optimization and local SEO will bring more people to your website and generate more sales. Search engine techniques change all the time and it is hard to keep up with them unless you are a professional SEO and this is what you do all day long. It is recommended to be proactive and to monitor algorithm changes so that they do not hurt your website.
Provided it is done right, search engine optimization will help you sustain your ranking. The good news is that optimization services have become quite accessible and all you have to do is to find an SEO agency that you can work with, one that is committed to helping you and that will make a difference as far as your website’s ranking is concerned even if this might take a while. Those who ignore optimization and what it can do for their website will only fall behind their competitors.
Why should you settle for an ordinary website when you can have an extraordinary one? Why shouldn’t you be on the first page of search results? If others can make it happen, you can too with the right people by your side. Overall, it is worth mentioning that search engine optimization requires constant work to deliver the best results. This is a long-term process and you should be willing to invest in it to see visible results. Investing in professional optimization services is what will help you leave your competitors behind and differentiate your business from theirs, what will make users choose you over them.