Shweiki Media teams up with Matt Coen of Second Street Promotions Lab to present a must-read article detailing seven tips for writing the best lead generation survey questions.
Uncover New Leads and Collect Customer Insights with Survey Questions
Promotions provide the perfect opportunity for advertisers to survey their audience, since the chance to win a valuable prize incentivizes people to answer the questions.
By adding well-designed survey questions to the registration or entry form, one can help advertisers collect both new sales leads and valuable customer insights they can use for marketing purposes.
What are Survey Questions?
Survey questions are questions on a registration form that are designed to collect data that will help an advertiser achieve their business goals. These are created together with the advertiser during a needs analysis conversation, and are ultimately meant to help advertisers segment an email opt-in list based on specific interests. The real ROI starts coming once one activates these hot leads with great offers.
What Do Survey Questions Mean for Advertisers?
Survey questions allow advertisers to not only define what a lead means for them, but also to collect that information from people participating in the promotion.
Here’s an example: when the team at a newspaper spoke to a local appliance, electronics and furniture store, they found that the advertiser wanted to build up a database of leads and collect data that would allow them to more effectively market their products.
To attract their target audience, they ran a dishwasher giveaway that included the following survey questions:
-Are you considering buying a new dishwasher? (yes/no)
-What products are you most interested in at this time? (appliances/computers/photography/living/furniture)
From just these two simple questions on the entry form, they were able to identify 215 new leads that were in the market to buy a new dishwasher, plus find out that most people who entered the contest were interested in appliances, etc.
Best Practices for Writing Effective Survey Questions:
1. One should talk to their advertiser about what they want to know: During the needs analysis conversation, one should find out what the advertiser’s goals are and what information would help them achieve those goals. Then, one should work with the advertiser to craft questions designed to collect that information.
2. It's important to include no more than 3 survey questions in one form: If the entry or registration form appears too long and intimidating, fewer people will participate in the promotion. A good general rule is that more than three questions will raise the barrier to enter too high.
3. One should make the questions required: Since the survey questions are an incredibly important part of the promotion for the advertiser, one wants to make sure to get as many responses as possible.
4. It's unnecessary to ask for information one will get elsewhere on the form: For example, if there's a field for zip code, it's not smart to waste a survey question asking people where they live.
5. It's best to avoid open-ended questions: The most useful survey questions have a finite number of responses and utilize drop down menus or checklists. This ensures that the data received is easier to analyze and segment for leads. For example, if one were to ask “What is most important to you in a cup of coffee?”, they should provide a dropdown with response options like price, origin, taste, etc.
6. One shouldn't ask questions with obvious answers: If someone is running a sweepstakes with a restaurant known for its buffalo wings to give away a tailgate wing party, they shouldn’t include a survey question asking, “Do you like wings?” Anyone who would go through the effort to enter the contest is sure to answer "Yes." Instead, one should try something more specific, like “What variety of wing flavor is your favorite?” with answers like traditional, spicy, ranch and other varieties from the advertiser’s menu.
7. One should think about how the answers will be used: How will the advertiser be using the results to segment an email list? What offers could be send out to these segments once they are created? Identifying the leads is only the first step – activating those leads with coupons or offers if the real payoff!
Shweiki Media's mission has always been to help publishers improve by providing the most profitable, hassle-free printing experience possible. This includes guaranteeing the highest quality product, exceptional customer service, world-class communication, an on-time guarantee, and no surprises--whether printing magazines, postcards, flyers or anything else.
As a printer and publisher, Shweiki Media also believes that this hassle-free experience includes making their clients better. Utilizing relationships with industry experts, Shweiki Media strives to educate clients and help them thrive in the exciting world of publishing--while having lots of fun along the way!
For more great info from and about Shweiki Media, please check out our blog at shweiki.com/blog (and sign up for our FREE weekly expert webinars!), and subscribe to our Youtube Channel at youtube.com/shweikimedia. You can also follow us @ShweikiMedia and "like" us at Facebook.com/shweikimedia.
One of the most important skills for any creative entrepreneur and business owner to possess is hte ability to communicate a message through clear and effective copy, while poor copywriting can drive away potential clients, customers and partners ...
Released On: 5/6/2015
Shweiki Media is pleased to announce that that they will be combining their printing prowess with their love of animals to serve as the print sponsor for Emancipet's Anniversary Luncheon on May 11th. For 16 years Emancipet has been keeping pets h ...
Released On: 5/4/2015
When conducted correctly, surveys have the ability to effectively generate leads for companies and dramatically increase revenue. Here Shweiki Media Printing Company teams up with expert Matt Coen of Second Street Promotions Lab to present a must ...
Released On: 5/4/2015
One of the most important skills for any creative entrepreneur and business owner to possess is the ability to communicate their message through clear and effective copy, while poor copywriting has the potential to drive away business and potenti ...
Released On: 4/23/2015
Timed perfectly with this week's Google algorithm update, Shweiki Media Printing Company teams up with Alicia Lawrence of WebpageFX to present a webinar detailing the ways that one can ensure their website is mobile-friendly--therefore giving the ...
Released On: 4/20/2015
When it comes to sales, content is key, and in many cases, quality content can even do the work of an actual salesperson, building trust and persuading customers to make purchases. Here Shweiki Media teams up with Marcus Sheridan of The Sales Lio ...
Released On: 4/10/2015
Writing blogs is an essential aspect of content marketing and building and maintaining an audience, but many people waste time writing posts that never receive many shares or even views. Here Shweiki Media teams up with expert Gina Dietrich of Ar ...
Released On: 4/1/2015
Gal Shweiki--CEO and Founder of Shweiki Media and President of the San Antonio Polo Club--recently traveled with his team to Lahore, Pakistan to compete in The Seedout Polo Cup, a fundraising match benefiting the non-profit Seedout. The mission o ...
Released On: 3/31/2015
LinkedIn is a valuable too, and there simple strategies that--when utilized correctly--can lead to millions of dollars in revenue. Here Shweiki Media teams up with social media expert Kevin Knebl to present an essential webinar on strategically a ...
Released On: 3/26/2015
Study Breaks, a leading college life entertainment company, surveyed over 200 college students, asking questions about their Spring Break planning, spending and booking. Here, Study Breaks presents the results, including how much money students w ...
Released On: 3/13/2015
Pay-per-click ads, when done correctly, have the ability to be very effective and help companies expand their reach and create more conversions. Here Shweiki partners with experts Alicia Lawrence and Katie Kelly to present a webinar on the absolu ...
Released On: 3/12/2015
While everyone wants their YouTube videos to get millions of views and go viral, very few people are familiar with the tools and strategies that have the ability to increase the odds of this happening. Here Shweiki Media teams up with SEO expert ...
Released On: 3/11/2015
Advertising revenue is the lifeblood of magazine publishing, which means it's extremely important for publishers to figure out the most beneficial structure possible for their sales team. Here Shweiki Media teams up with John Lawo, Jr. of Magazin ...
Released On: 2/27/2015
Twitter is straight-forward but extremely effective social media tool, and since its creation, it has helped both individuals and organizations alike generate millions of dollars. That said, it's important to know how to utilize it effectively, a ...
Released On: 2/19/2015
Shweiki is excited to announce that they will again be serving as a sponsor of Old Settler's Music Festival by printing all flyers, programs and mailers for the event. Old Settler's is a four-day event, taking place April 16-19 and featuring 30 m ...
Released On: 2/13/2015
Shweiki Media teams up with Gini Dietrich of Arment Dietrich to present a must-watch five-part video series on how to get blog posts read and shared. Here, in the first part of the series, expert Dietrich discusses how to effectively generate and ...
Released On: 2/13/2015
Due to their shareability, effectiveness at reaching an audience, and ability to drive traffic, quizzes can serve as promotion and a great way to get advertisers involved. Here Shweiki Media teams up with Matt Coen of Second Street Promotions Lab ...
Released On: 2/6/2015
Effective content marketing is a key component of success at any company, but in many cases, it's easier said than done. Here Shweiki Media Printing Company teams up with expert Marcus Sheridan of The Sales Lion to present a webinar with five ess ...
Released On: 1/30/2015